MacKenzie is a competitive grappler, award winning chef and Brazilian jiu jitsu blue belt residing in NYC by way of Maine.
While on the mats you can find MacKenzie always asking questions and tinkering with ideas and technique philosophy, similar to how he is with food. He is a true student of the game and always willing to trade knowledge with training partners. When anyone has any questions on food they go directly to him. It has become shockingly common to see him cringing when someone says they only eat boiled chicken and steamed broccoli every day.
Off the mats Mackenzie is a personal chef and recipe author. He attended The Culinary Institute of America and is the only two time Maine Lobster Chef of the Year. Started working in NYC’s top kitchens because to become the best you must learn from the best.
- Food Week with Meerkatsu + Interview
- Interviewed by Sally Arsenault of Breaking Muscle
- Jiu-Jitsu Magazine Issue 23, 24 and beyond
- GroundWorkBJJ 10 Must Visit BJJ Sites & DIY Dried Fruit
- Jits Magazine Featured Blog
- CBS Cooking On the Couch
- Fox Good Day New York
- 3rd Ultra-Heavy IBJJF NY Summer Open 2014
- 2nd Absolute, 3rd Super-Heavy IBJJF NY Spring Open 2014
- 1st 100kg ADCC Nationals New York 2014
- 2x Gold 1x Bronze The Good Fight Winter Open 2013
- 3rd Abu Dhabi Pro Trials East 2013
- 2nd Super-Heavy IBJJF Pan Ams 2013
- 2nd Super-Heavy IBJJF NY Spring Open 2013
- 1st Gi, 2nd No-Gi Super Heavy The Good Fight Winter Open 2012
- 2x Gold Naga North American Grappling Championship 2012
- 2nd Naga Hartford 2012
- Countless competitions mixed in without podium results, but won in experience.